The end of 2010 is coming, where are you at on your goals? Are you on pace to end the year strong?
Here are a few pointers that can give you your second wind!
- Sit down and write out 10 goals you want to accomplish for the next 2 weeks (by December 31st)
- Remember goals should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic & Challenging, and Time-Specific, and Positively-stated
- An example might look like this:
- I will do a cardio workout 3 times per week for 1 hour each time, through 12/31/10
- I’ve decided to “Positively Stated” because most people tend to have a goal or two worded negatively… for example, “I won’t eat chocolate cake”. Instead of this negative statement, it would be better to say, “I will eat healthy desserts”.
- Post them on your wall or refrigerator
- Tell someone else about your goals & ask them to keep you accountable
- This person should be someone who is allowed to push you!
- Check back in with them frequently
- Enjoy your success! Celebrate it somehow. Rewards of meeting goals are just as important as setting them in the first place. But plan ahead how you will reward yourself.
- If you were unable to attain your goal, it’s alright! You’re still a great person! Reflect back on why you were unable to meet it. There’s a ton of information to learn here… Did you set an unrealistic goal? Was there something specific that got in your way? … More on this in a later blog post.
Good Luck! And let us know if you need a little help with writing your goals.